Ever since I read Tim Ferriss’ book “Tools of Titans”, I have started to change how I live. One such thing is my morning routine. Before the book, it was the standard semi-haze, trying to eat, shower, and read the newspaper before waking the kids. Now I do the following every morning:
- Yoga for my back and overall mobility. Takes a few minutes, but helps me avoid the back pain I have suffered from since before.
- Drink Pu-Erh black tea with coconut oil. A wonderful way of starting each day, instead of the strong jolt of caffeine from coffee.
- Meditate 10-15 minutes using the calm.com app. A great way of putting things into perspective.
- Write in my 5-minute journal to set the goals for today. You will be amazed at the direction life gets already in the morning when you know what the three most important things are.
- Make my bed. As described below, such a minute thing actually helps.
Even if the rest of the day becomes a hectic mess, I at least had a great start and a focus. Highly recommended! Below, you can read more about how Tim starts each day, fetched from Business Insider.
“The 4-Hour Workweek” author Tim Ferriss breaks down this morning routine that primes him for his day.
Source (incl. the image): ‘The 4-Hour Workweek’ author has a 5-part morning routine to maximize his productivity – Business Insider Nordic