A few weeks ago,, I published “Building a humane digital workplace“. It included a video from my employer Haldex, where we introduce you to the 5 Cs. These are 5 Cs that all employees should embrace and express in our work.
The first of these is Connect. Now I have started relating what we mean with Connect, to some items others have created regarding the digital workplace. Let’s start with the 30.000 feet overview of the meaning of Connect:
- One Haldex approach
- Connect the dots and understand the bigger picture
- Connecting with each other to become a team
My first attempt at relating this to the digital workplace ended up in ideas like these:
- Help all employees understand how we do business, so we move in the same direction.
- We serve the users with news from the industry we act in.
- Ensure people have full access to all necessary systems no matter where they are.
- Ensure it is very simple to contact anyone directly, preferably from your mobile.
- The Management Team should vocally support the Humane Digital Workplace.
- The governance plan must include all aspects of the Humane Digital Workplace, and not only the intranet.
- We must connect services to our mail, to draw the structural capital from individual mailboxes into open forums where we can discuss them.
- Apply techniques like Working Out Loud (WOL) and Personal Knowledge Mastery (PKM) to let knowledge into the open and build a networking sharing habit.
Am I going in the right direction? Is something vital missing? This is hard but fun work, and all input is welcome.